Inspirational travel writers
I’ve earlier mentioned some people in the travel industry, such as Anthony Bourdain, Megan McCormick and Michael Palin. Their faces are well known from television series where they travel around the world. I’ve also written about a few authors in the Travel book section.
But this time I would like to focus on the not so well-known faces of the traveling sphere. The unsung heroes if you will. I read a lot of travel blogs. Some are serious, some are hilarious, but all provide interesting updates on their adventures as well as providing tons of inspiration for my own journeys.
They are rarely mentioned on tv but still inspires millions to explore the world, in their own quirky ways. Some are relatively new acquaintances to me while some have been closely followed for many years, but together they represent a great mix of what I would like to share to my explorer-happy friends.
- Leif Pettersen (@leifpettersen) rants about pretty much anything in a very entertaining way.
- Brian Thacker (@bgthacker) is perhaps best known for his hilarous books, unless you’ve been one of his acolytes during the infamous Top Deck tour days.
- Christoph Rehage (@crehage) rose to fame with the viral video chronicling his walk across China, mentioned here a few years ago.
- Erik Ohlson is a Swede currently going on a bike from Stockholm to Singapore!
- Chris Guillebeau (@chrisguillebeau)
- Nomadic Matt (@nomadicmatt)
- Kristin Addis (@bemytravelmuse)
- Rachelle Lucas (@TravelBlggr)
- Karisa Klee (@FlirtWithGlobe)
- Johnny Ward (@onestep4ward)
- Drew Binsky (@drewbinsky7)
- Clemens Sehi (@anekdotique)
- Alexandra Baackes (@WanderlandAlex)
- Hester (@FDutchgirl)
- Jarmo Järvi (@thearcticnomad)
- Sabrina Iovino (@Just1WayTicket )
- Kate McCulley (@adventurouskate)
- Lee Abbamonte (@leeabbamonte)
- Agness Tramp (@Agnesstramp)
- Nora Dunn (@hobonora)
- Melanie Chamberlain (@grlwithgumption)
- Rob (@bloggeries)
- Daniel Noll and Audrey Scott (@umarket)
- Gary Arndt (@everywheretrip)
- Brendan van Son (@brendanvanson)
- Jodi Ettenberg (@legalnomads)
- Geraldine (@everywhereist)
- Alexandra Baackes (@wanderlandalex)
- Matthew Karsten (@expertvagabond)
- Heather Poole (@heather_poole)
- Kirsten Alana (@kirstenalana)
- Ehren Hotchkiss (@ehrenHotchkiss)
- Nathan & Sofia (@aswetravel)
- Kailey (@blondtravelista)
- Michael Turtle (@michaelturtle)
- Katie (@domestiphobia)
Just can’t get enough? Head over to RevCrunch for lots of travel blog reviews.