World Airline Awards
Every summer SKYTRAX compile information from 14 million surveys taken by over 90 nationalities. The result of these surveys leads to the World Airline Awards. The results for 2007 are:
- Airline of the Year: Singapore Airlines
- Best Cabin Staff: Malaysia Airlines
- Best Catering: Gulf Air
- Best In-Flight-Entertainment: Emirates
- Best Lounges (First Class): Thai Airways
- Best Low-cost Airline: Jetstar Airways
- Best First Class: Qatar Airways
- Best Business Class: Singapore Airlines
- Best Economy Class: Korean Air
No big surprises on the list, except that my two favorite airlines Qantas and Thai Airways were pushed down by Singapore Airlines. Singapore has the best airport I’ve ever been to, so I assume it’s fair they have the best airline as well.
It was also interesting to notice Jetstar Airways on top of the low-cost list. I will have to watch that one more carefully from now on.