Top 10 Firefox extensions for web developers
One of the things that make Firefox superior for web development is the great addons. Here are some of my favorites.
- Firebug: For many people the reason to use Firefox as primary browser during development. You may also extend it with FireQuery for some cool jQuery features.
- Web Developer Toolbar: A golden oldie with a lot of sweet stuff in the toolbox. You may also want XML Developer’s Toolbar and DOM inspector to view and edit live DOM.
- HTML Validator: Instant validation is better than sliced bread.
- Live HTTP Headers: An easy way to inspect HTTP headers.
- YSlow: Performance analyzer.
- View Source Chart: A nice improvement to the default source viewer. You may also want Json view for pretty-printing of JSON content.
- Dustme: Find unused CSS selectors.
- Greasemonkey: Extend the browser by running custom scripts (browse at userscripts.org).
- Fangs: Screen reader emulator.
- Ubiquity: Dynamic commands.