Rock star programmers
Since coding C# ain’t the most glamorous way of living today, the next step for many ambitious coders is to become a Rock Star Programmer. Fortunately there is a handy guide to browse through before you don your bandanna gear and start smoking bananas. If you ever doubted the glamor part, just head over to Rick Strahl’s office for a look.
However, there is most likely a similar need for aspiring Rock Star Frontend Bloggers, so here’s my two cent on such a list.
- Say something mean about IE6 regarding it’s CSS rendering. The start of every aspiring blogger. However, now when the MIX06 “seven” edition of IE7 has been released, you might want to reconsider.
- When mentioning the Technorati in an blog post, use the noun “we” in a casual way.
- Write funky headlines such as “Ruby is the new black” and expect people to know what it means.
- Mention Web 2.0, just for the sake of it. If you don’t know what it is, that’s no problem since no one else does either.
- Publicly invite people to geek dinners in the San Francisco area, one hour before the designated time.
- Get bashed by Robert Scoble.
With that in mind, don’t quit your day job.